Get Advanced Diabetes Care
Diabetes is a serious medical condition that affects over 29 million people in America. Because uncontrolled diabetes increases a person’s risk for other serious medical conditions, such as heart disease, it must be carefully managed.
The Grunberger Diabetes Institute (GDI) located at 43494 Woodward Avenue, Suite 208, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 provides comprehensive patient evaluation and treatment of diabetes and diabetes-related conditions for patients living throughout Southeastern Michigan and beyond.
We also specialize in diagnosis and treatment of such common endocrine and metabolic conditions as thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and gonadal diseases, osteoporosis, high blood pressure and abnormal cholesterol. The Institute is unique in the Metro Detroit area in uniting sophisticated diabetes management and education with an opportunity to participate in clinical diabetes research studies, all under one roof with the same team of experienced professionals.
- Cutting edge diabetes & endocrine problems management
- One-Stop service for comprehensive care
- Multidisciplinary team
- Participation in research studies
I have been a patient of Dr G. For 20 plus years. I always knew that Dr G was a very forward thinking person. He loves technology and understands the future and possible breakthroughs that technology can bring to patient care. Last October I agreed to use a dexcom CGM for one week. What an eye opener for me. I was eager to return for my results. I quickly worked with Linda and soon enough I had my own dexcom platinum 4 devise. In 3 months time my A1C went from 8.0 to 6.2! My last A1C was 6.5. However I lost 4lbs. I make correct choices to help me care for myself. I also had one of the best conversations with my Dr in years. Imagine all these years I was only providing a picture and expecting my Dr to help me out. Now I provide him with a motion picture of my blood glucose levels and can make “in real time” decisions of my well being. Thanks to all the staff members at GDI. They helped me see the light, and I never leave home without my dexcom monitor. I love it!!! ~ Jim Geromette
The Grunberger Diabetes Institute (GDI) Difference
Whether you seek diagnosis, one-time endocrinology consultation, ongoing education and care, or a site for clinical studies, you will find services and health care professionals dedicated to you and your needs, including:
- Comprehensive diabetes management
- CGM (continuous glucose monitoring)
- Carotid artery, abdominal aorta ultrasound
- Diabetes education
- Diabetes research studies
- Diet and nutrition education
- Diabetic neuropathy screening
- EHR (electronic health records)-Practice Fusion
- Insulin pump training and management
- Peripheral artery disease (circulation) testing
- Podiatry (foot health)
- Thyroid (abnormal hormone levels, goiter, nodules)
- Thyroid ultrasound and biopsy done in our office
- Parathyroid and calcium
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Reproductive issues (polycystic ovaries, excessive hair growth, low testosterone levels)
- Metabolic bone disease (osteoporosis, disorders of vitamin D metabolism)
- Nephrology (kidney health)
- Venous testing
As a GDI patient in our diabetes treatment facility located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, you benefit from our team of experts allowing you to lead as normal a life as possible with diabetes. Patients appreciate our no wait guarantee and convenience of one stop service for their care. We provide diagnosis, one-time consultation, ongoing education, and care.
Ultrasound-Guided Thyroid Nodule Biopsy
We’re excited to be offering Ultrasound-Guided Thyroid Nodule Biopsy right in our office! Please call 248-335-7740 for a consultation with Dr. Myneni and learn more about your thyroid.