Diabetes is a serious medical condition that affects over 29 million people in America. Because uncontrolled diabetes increases a person’s risk for other serious medical conditions, such as heart disease, it must be carefully managed. The Grunberger Diabetes Institute (GDI) located at 43494 Woodward Avenue, Suite 208, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 provides comprehensive patient evaluation and treatment of diabetes and diabetes-related conditions for patients living throughout Southeastern Michigan and beyond.
We also specialize in diagnosis and treatment of such common endocrine and metabolic conditions as thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and gonadal diseases, osteoporosis, high blood pressure and abnormal cholesterol. The Institute is unique in the Metro Detroit area in uniting sophisticated diabetes management and education with an opportunity to participate in clinical diabetes research studies, all under one roof with the same team of experienced professionals.
The Grunberger Diabetes Institute (GDI) Difference
Whether you seek diagnosis, one-time endocrinology consultation, ongoing education and care, or a site for clinical studies, you will find services and health care professionals dedicated to you and your needs, including:
- Comprehensive diabetes management
- CGM (continuous glucose monitoring)
- Insulin pump training and management
- Diabetes education
- Diet and nutrition education
- Diabetic neuropathy screening
- Peripheral artery disease (circulation) testing
- Venous testing
- Carotid artery, abdominal aorta ultrasound
- Diabetes research studies
- Podiatry (foot health)
- Thyroid (abnormal hormone levels, goiter, nodules)
- Parathyroid and calcium
- Adrenal gland disorders
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Reproductive issues (polycystic ovaries, excessive hair growth, low testosterone levels)
- Metabolic bone disease (osteoporosis, disorders of vitamin D metabolism)
- Nephrology (kidney health)
As a GDI patient in our diabetes treatment facility located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, you benefit from our team of experts allowing you to lead as normal a life as possible with diabetes. Patients appreciate our no wait guarantee and convenience of one stop service for their care. We provide diagnosis, one-time consultation, ongoing education, and care.
Ultrasound-Guided Thyroid Nodule Biopsy
We’re excited to be offering Ultrasound-Guided Thyroid Nodule Biopsy right in our office! Please call 248-335-7740 for a consultation with Dr. Myneni and learn more about your thyroid.